Bent Garage Door Panel Replacement Masters – San Diego, CA
Garage door panels may need replacing for numerous reasons. Some of the reasons may be breakage, rust, bending or warping of wooden garage doors or simply wearing out.
Let's have a look at some of the reasons for damaged garage door panels:
- They can be hit accidentally by a car and receive irreparable bends
- Malfunctioning garage doors off the tracks may come down fast and into heavy contact with the garage floor thus bending some of the panels, especially the ones near the bottom. This can also lead to breakage, depending on the amount of force or condition of the material used to manufacture the garage door. Old garage doors are more likely to suffer breakages when this mishap occurs.
- Wooden garage door panels develop warping with time, and this causes problems when opening and closing the garage door.
Bent garage door panels are almost impossible to repair. If a panel is bent, it will never fit into the garage door again and all parts that come into contact with these bent panels, due to misalignment, will eventually wear out, especially the tracks. This causes more safety hazards and more garage door repair costs to the homeowner when serious issues come up. It is therefore advisable to call in professionals at once for a thorough inspection and quick garage door panel repair.
San Diego Garage Door Masters employs extensively trained technicians who are well-equipped to provide you with high quality service for bent garage door panel replacement in San Diego. We recommend that homeowners as us to replace garage door panel as soon as they detect the problem.
It is for this reason that we advise our customers, who need garage door installation, to choose products from some of the top garage door manufacturers, such as Amarr and Wayne Dalton, among many others. This makes it easier to find matching garage door panels for replacement. Some of the panels do not match and if you cannot identify the manufacturer of your old garage door then it becomes difficult to carry out a sectional panel replacement and a full door replacement becomes necessary.
Some of the steps our technicians take to repair garage door panels are summarized as follows:
- The garage door is raised and the opener's center arm is disconnected, where applicable, as well as the power, if necessary.
- Tension springs are undone which can be dangerous. This is one of the reasons that you should gain help from professionals. Separating them from turnbuckles under such immense tension poses potential life threatening accidents and it should be done carefully.
- A scrap lumber is used to prop and lower the garage door to a position for easy handling of damaged panels.
- Hold the garage door in place using vice clamps to remove and replace the panel. A ratchet driver is used to loosen and fasten bolts, holding panels to the brackets.
- If the bottom panels get replaced, then drilling to set new mounting holes for the handle is necessary.
- The garage door can now be raised and re-connected to the power and opener system, where it applies.
- Finally, depending on the condition of the final result, the door can be primed and painted to even the color and enhance the appearance.
The replacement of garage door panels is not an easy task. Thus, it is always preferable to hire professionals for bent garage door panel replacement. So, what are you waiting for? Call us today and enjoy highly professional, precise and cordial garage door services.